The following is a list of topics we will cover:
1. What types of comments and conduct constitutes sexual harassment in the workplace?
2. Can unwelcome sexual comments or conduct from a person of the same gender form the basis for sexual harassment?
3. May an employer discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religious creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, or military status?
4. Are employers allowed to discriminate against an employee based on alcoholism or drug addiction?
5. May an employer retaliate against an employee for complaining about sexual harassment, discrimination, unpaid wages or other categories protected by law?
6. Are Massachusetts employers required to provide medical leave, disability accommodations, or leave pursuant to the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)?
7. If I am fired from my job for unfair reasons do I have a cause of action for “wrongful termination” in Massachusetts?;
8. What is the difference between an independent contractor and an employee?
9. What is the difference between an “employee at will” and a “contract employee”?
10. What recourse do I have if my employer has failed to provide payment of wages, overtime, or vacation pay in Massachusetts?
11. What are the rights and remedies for Massachusetts employees who have been misclassified as an “independent contractor”?
12. What is a “whistleblower” and are there special protections given to whistleblowers?
13. What are the rights and remedies in Massachusetts for a breach of contract and the collection of a debt?
14. What rights and strategies are available to defendants to resolve debt collection cases in Massachusetts?
15. When should a claimant appeal a denial of long term disability, short term disability or other disability based insurance benefits?
16. Does having an attorney help to resolve personal injury and motor vehicle accident cases?
17. What options are available to enforce and collect a judgment in Massachusetts?
18. What types of situations are covered by the Massachusetts “Consumer Protection law”?
19. What are the benefits of having a Last Will & Testament, Power of Attorney, and Health Care Proxy?
20. Are their different types of Powers of Attorney?
21. What is the best way for Massachusetts residents to memorialize their wishes regarding end of life medical treatment and decisions?
22. How can irrevocable trusts be utilized to protect assets and distribute assets to loved ones?
23. What are the possible benefits of appealing a denial of benefits decision by MassHealth?
24. What does it mean to be the “personal representative” of an estate in Massachusetts?
25. What is the difference between a “guardianship” and a “conservatorship” in Massachusetts?
26. What types of decisions can be made by a guardian of an incapacitated person in Massachusetts?
27. What are the basic duties of personal representatives, guardians, conservators and trustees in Massachusetts?
28. What are the legal differences between adoption and being the guardian of a minor in Massachusetts?
29. What legal options and remedies are available in filing a divorce action in Massachusetts?
30. If I am not married can I establish paternity and obtain child support through the Massachusetts Probate and Family Court?
31. When am I entitled to pursue a reduction or an increase in child support benefits?
32. What are the processes for changing child custody or visitation rights in the Massachusetts Probate and Family Court?
33. What options are available to Massachusetts residents to prevent domestic abuse, violence or harassment?
34. What is the difference between a Chapter 209A “domestic restraining order” and a Chapter 258E “harassment prevention order”?
35. What are the advantages to retaining an attorney when you are facing criminal charges?
36. Do I have the right to an attorney if I am facing a criminal investigation but have not yet been charged with a crime?
37. What is the blood alcohol limit for operating a motor vehicle in Massachusetts?
38. Can I be charged with an OUI if I have refused a breathalyzer test in Massachusetts?
39. Are there any possible defenses if I have failed a breathalyzer or a field sobriety test?
40. What are the possible penalties if I am convicted of OUI in Massachusetts?
41. What is a “chemical test refusal” suspension in Massachusetts?
42. What is a “hardship driver’s license” and what circumstances qualify for a hardship license?
43. If you are convicted of OUI in Massachusetts is it possible to receive your driver’s license sooner by having an “ignition interlock device” installed in your vehicle?
44. Is it possible to expunge an OUI conviction in Massachusetts?
45. What is the process for appealing a speeding or traffic citation?
46. What are the possible advantages of appealing a speeding or traffic citation?
The following is a list of topics we will cover: